The Protocol is Next
Zhelnov P. The protocol is next. Zheln. 2020 Oct 28;44(1):s12e2. URI: https://zheln.com/summary/2020/10/28/1/.
- Now it’s 158 recent systematic review records on Zheln. They are added daily, most of them were published this fall, and each of them is counting as a true positive by Shojania & Bero 2001 criteria for systematic reviews.
- Moreover, I annotated all of them with AMA specialty tags taken from the AMA Physician Masterfile specialty list.
- So you can browse Zheln by AMA Specialty or use free-text search.
- These records came from my Replicated Systematic Subset PubMed query, producing tens of thousands of records per month, of which I currently manage to process 10% daily, though some debt has accumulated, which I’m struggling to close.
- In the future summary posts, I’m planning to use PRISMA 2020 flow diagrams to display progress.
- Full-featured academic protocol for Zheln, built with the bleeding-edge PRISMA 2020 in mind, is in the works, as is the Zheln nonprofit business plan; still hope to complete both by Sat, Oct 31.
- Once I’ve finalized the protocol, I will also start conducting thorough critical appraisals (with focused replication) of a few select reviews, that will also become publicly available.
Appraisals in Progress
As a rule, I select a review for full appraisal when the topic covered is likely to have a very large practice impact with regard either to both global health care workers and the public or to the minorities. Also, crowdfunding an appraisal is possible.
Alternatively, you can browse appraisals by AMA Specialty.
NewIs it good and safe to allow mother and baby skin-to-skin contact during a cesarian?
NewWhat interventions are there to manage diabetes in homeless adults?
NewWhat use are mindfulness-based interventions for mental symptoms of Parkinson’s disease?
NewWhat progress has been made to date in terms of universal influenza vaccines?
NewHow effective are interventions to improve antibiotic-prescription behavior among PCPs?
- What are the reports of practical use of national guidelines on movement in Canada and similar countries?
- What evidence is there to support active break policies in elementary schools?
- What is known regarding policy to address pediatric suicidality?
- How important is postural control in Down syndrome?
- What works for at-risk mental states?
- What is the effect of ticagrelor monotherapy after PCI?
- How good is social accountability for reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health?
- What is in the American Psychiatric Association guideline on schizophrenia?
CrowdfundedHow effective are tooth decay prevention measures in children six years old or younger?
- How good is C-reactive protein measurement with regard to health outcomes?
- What is the association between sugar-free gum and dental caries?
- How big is the impact of perinatal care systems on infant mortality?
- How effective is empathy training in health care education?
- What are the current therapeutic applications of human mesenchymal stem cells?
- How useful is patient blood management to improve outcomes of major surgery?
- What is the effectiveness of eHealth interventions for improving public health?
- What is the risk of congenital malformations associated with beta-blocker use in early pregnancy?
- How effective behavioral weight-loss interventions in diabetes are?
Full Text Wanted!
I had selected these systematic reviews for full appraisal, but their full texts were unavailable to me. Please contact me if you wish to help procuring them.
- How good is the uptake of the WHO Surgical Safety Checklist in low- and middle-income countries?
- What are the outcome predictors of Parent Management Training for child conduct problems?
- What is the role of a Registered Dietitian in weight management?
- How effective are anti-amyloid-β drugs for Alzheimer’s disease?
- How is homelessness experienced by transgender people?
- How useful is physical exercise for people living with breast cancer?
See You Around, Peer
Help Crowdfund Zheln
Zheln Is Supported by Crowdfunding Only
Running Zheln takes most of my work capacity. I’ve managed to stay off other jobs for now but will be forced to find another job unless crowdfunded by the end of this year.
In other words, you can’t be sure Zheln isn’t suspended in 2021 if you avoid funding it. But if you donate, I pledge to keep running Zheln in recognition of your support.
If you want Zheln to live on, please use one of these options:
Subscribe on Patreon for $1/mo to $600/mo
Send $1 via PayPal
Email Me About Anything
Bonus for Star Wars Fans!
All Other Zheln Features Are Free for Everyone
Let me know what you think of this article on Twitter @drzhelnov!