Cavities and Sugar-Free Gum
Zhelnov P. A critical appraisal of ‘Parker-Groves D. Should dentists recommend sugar-free chewing gum to help prevent decay? Evid Based Dent. 2020 Sep;21(3):88. doi: 10.1038/s41432-020-0110-x. PMID: 32978534’. Zheln. 2020 Sep 27;40(1):r21d27. URI: https://zheln.com/record/2020/09/27/21/.
Zheln Review Appraisal in 10 Steps:
- ✅ Downloaded from the PubMed Systematic Subset Daily Updates
- ✅ Meets Shojania & Bero 2001 True Positive Criteria for Systematic Reviews by Abstract
- ✅ Full Text & Other Reports Collected by Zheln
- 🔄 Generates Pragmatic Evidence Directly Relevant to Evidence-Based Practice?
- 🔄 Is Duplicate?
- 🔄 Passed or Failed Replication?
- 🔄 Has Critical Conduct Flaws?
- 🔄 Liked or Disliked by Zheln?
- 🔄 Practical Implications Summarized by Zheln
- 🔄 Appraisal Published & Call for Crowdfunding
I have already started appraisal of this article and will complete it as soon as I’m able to. Please return sometime later or follow the progress of this page here or on GitHub as I do the appraisal. Also, you can look for similar systematic review appraisals using search or by tapping on AMA specialty tags at the bottom of this page or in the side menu.
This project is independent research and is supported by crowdfunding only, so please consider making a minimal donation as low as $1 either on Patreon, GitHub Sponsors, Open Collective, or via PayPal.
Let me know what you think of this article on Twitter @drzhelnov!