A Calling to You
Zhelnov P. A calling to you. Zheln. 2020 Oct 24;43(2):s2e2. URI: https://zheln.com/summary/2020/10/24/2/.
- Now it’s 134 recent systematic review records on Zheln. They are added daily, most of them were published this fall, and each of them is counting as a true positive by Shojania & Bero 2001 criteria for systematic reviews.
- Moreover, I annotated all of them with AMA specialty tags taken from the AMA Physician Masterfile specialty list.
- So you can browse Zheln by AMA Specialty or use free-text search.
- These records came from my Replicated Systematic Subset PubMed query, producing tens of thousands of records per month, of which I currently manage to process 10% daily (there has been some debt lately that is an equivalent of estimated 32 work hours, actually, but I’ll hopefully recover from it by the next summary post on Wed, Oct 28).
- Until the end of 2020, Zheln is funded by myself; but I’m off other jobs now, so I’ll likely be forced to suspend Zheln in 2021 unless crowdfunded. But if you do donate even $1, I pledge to keep running Zheln in recognition of your support.
- By the way, I got approved into GitHub Sponsors, so I’m now accepting support there too! 😊
- Full-featured academic protocol for Zheln, built with the bleeding-edge PRISMA 2020 in mind, is still in the works, as is the Zheln nonprofit business plan; hope to complete both by Sat, Oct 31.
- Once I’ve finalized the protocol, I will also start conducting thorough critical appraisals (with focused replication) of a few select reviews, that will also become publicly available.
- In the near future, as soon as I’ve secured stable crowdfunding, I will start to actively build the team to process and appraise more and more incoming systematic review records, so that, finally, Zheln was able to give you rigorous, independent, and open-access critical appraisal for almost all new systematic reviews in the world.
- For this to become reality, at least 10 appraisers are required, so stay in touch and please help me crowdfund this thing!
Appraisals in Progress
As a rule, I select a review for full appraisal when the topic covered is likely to have a very large practice impact with regard either to both global health care workers and the public or to the minorities. Also, crowdfunding an appraisal is possible.
New!What are the reports of practical use of national guidelines on movement in Canada and similar countries?
New!What evidence is there to support active break policies in elementary schools?
- What is known regarding policy to address pediatric suicidality?
- How important is postural control in Down syndrome?
- What works for at-risk mental states?
- What is the effect of ticagrelor monotherapy after PCI?
- How good is social accountability for reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health?
- What is in the American Psychiatric Association guideline on schizophrenia?
CrowdfundedHow effective are tooth decay prevention measures in children six years old or younger?
- How good is C-reactive protein measurement with regard to health outcomes?
- What is the association between sugar-free gum and dental caries?
- How big is the impact of perinatal care systems on infant mortality?
- How effective is empathy training in health care education?
- What are the current therapeutic applications of human mesenchymal stem cells?
- How useful is patient blood management to improve outcomes of major surgery?
- What is the effectiveness of eHealth interventions for improving public health?
- What is the risk of congenital malformations associated with beta-blocker use in early pregnancy?
- How effective behavioral weight-loss interventions in diabetes are?
Full Text Wanted!
I had selected these systematic reviews for full appraisal, but their full texts were unavailable to me. Please contact me if you wish to help procuring them.
New!How good is the uptake of the WHO Surgical Safety Checklist in low- and middle-income countries?
- What are the outcome predictors of Parent Management Training for child conduct problems?
- What is the role of a Registered Dietitian in weight management?
- How effective are anti-amyloid-β drugs for Alzheimer’s disease?
- How is homelessness experienced by transgender people?
- How useful is physical exercise for people living with breast cancer?
See You Around, Peer
Help Crowdfund Zheln
Zheln Is Supported by Crowdfunding Only
Running Zheln takes most of my work capacity. I’ve managed to stay off other jobs for now but will be forced to find another job unless crowdfunded by the end of this year.
In other words, you can’t be sure Zheln isn’t suspended in 2021 if you avoid funding it. But if you donate, I pledge to keep running Zheln in recognition of your support.
If you want Zheln to live on, please use one of these options:
Subscribe on Patreon for $1/mo to $600/mo
Send $1 via PayPal
Email Me About Anything
Bonus for Star Wars Fans!
All Other Zheln Features Are Free for Everyone