Alone, I (Don’t) Break
Zhelnov P. Alone, I (don’t) break. Zheln. 2020 Oct 7;41(1):s1e1. URI: https://zheln.com/summary/2020/10/07/1/.
- In the previous summary, I reported a way to speed up Zheln appraisals so that one appraisal took two minutes instead of ten.
- I have taken more measurements, and, based on 14 random appraisals, approx. two minutes per appraisal is a solid estimate.
- However, I’ve conducted just twenty-one (fourteen plus seven) new appraisals in the last four days since the last summary, of which no appraisal was complete.
- This is suggestive of an important consideration: I’m able to appraise only a fraction of incoming records given my current resources. On the one hand, my appraisal speed is not high enough. From the other hand, in fact, I appraise even fewer records than that because of the other activities interfering.
- And this is exciting news, to be honest! It implies evidence Zheln cannot be run alone to fully bring its mission to life, so in the future more appraisers will be needed.
- For now I will have to go with what we’ve got. I appraise records in an automated true random sequence now, so this record fraction I appraise is not going to be significantly different from the whole record set.
- Anyway, if you know anyone who’s interested in joining the Zheln team, see the opportunity to conduct own appraisals I wrote about previously!
- Also, there’s a fine addition to my collection of systematic reviews awaiting a full appraisal! Currently as a protocol, it aims to assess the effectiveness of eHealth interventions for improving public health. Tip: You can locate 10 latest records selected for full appraisal typing
appraisal in progressin the Zheln search bar.
- Previously, I announced the preparation of the Zheln protocol was in progress and planned to submit it to PROSPERO by Mon, Oct 5.
- However, it takes considerably more effort than I previously thought, so I anticipate the protocol-writing to take several more days. There’s now an understanding of how the writing process is going to look like.
- It would be great if I finalized the protocol by the next summary on Sat, Oct 10. Please come back for it or follow academic progress of Zheln in this dedicated kanban!
See You Around, Peer
Help Crowdfund Zheln
Zheln Is Supported by Crowdfunding Only
Running Zheln takes most of my work capacity. I’ve managed to stay off other jobs for now but will be forced to find another job unless crowdfunded by the end of this year.
In other words, you can’t be sure Zheln isn’t suspended in 2021 if you avoid funding it. But if you donate, I pledge to keep running Zheln in recognition of your support.
If you want Zheln to live on, please use one of these options:
Subscribe on Patreon for $1/mo to $600/mo
Send $1 via PayPal
Email Me About Anything
Bonus for Star Wars Fans!
All Other Zheln Features Are Free for Everyone