Record Awaiting Appraisal
Zhelnov P. A critical appraisal of ‘Shao Y, Shao H, Sawhney MS, Shi L. Serum uric acid as a risk factor of all-cause mortality and cardiovascular events among type 2 diabetes population: Meta-analysis of correlational evidence. J Diabetes Complications. 2019 Oct;33(10):107409. doi: 10.1016/j.jdiacomp.2019.07.006. Epub 2019 Jul 25. PMID: 31439471’. Zheln. 2020 Dec 19;51(2):r1971d15. URI: https://zheln.com/record/2020/12/15/1971/.
Zheln Review Appraisal in 10 Steps:
- ✅ Downloaded from the PubMed Systematic Subset Daily Updates
- 🔄 Meets Shojania & Bero 2001 True Positive Criteria for Systematic Reviews by Either Title or Abstract?
- 🔄 Full Text or Other Reports Collected by Zheln
- 🔄 Generates Pragmatic Evidence Directly Relevant to Evidence-Based Practice?
- 🔄 Is Duplicate?
- 🔄 Passed or Failed Replication?
- 🔄 Has Critical Conduct Flaws?
- 🔄 Liked or Disliked by Zheln?
- 🔄 Practical Implications Summarized by Zheln
- 🔄 Appraisal Published & Call for Crowdfunding
I have uploaded this record from PubMed but haven’t appraised it yet.
If you want me to appraise this record, I’ve got several options for you:
- Wait until I get my hands on it myself.
- Buy a subscription on Patreon, GitHub Sponsors, or Open Collective for $1 to $600 and PM me with the review request.
- Send me $1 via PayPal with this reference in the message, and I’ll happily appraise it for you.
- Contact me by email or on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or Telegram, and I’m sure we’ll find a way around.
Let me know what you think of this article on Twitter @drzhelnov!