Record Awaiting Appraisal
Zhelnov P. A critical appraisal of ‘Fryssouli V, Zervakis GI, Polemis E, Typas MA. A global meta-analysis of ITS rDNA sequences from material belonging to the genus Ganoderma (Basidiomycota, Polyporales) including new data from selected taxa. MycoKeys. 2020 Dec 1;75:71-143. doi: 10.3897/mycokeys.75.59872. PMID: 33304123; PMCID: PMC7723883’. Zheln. 2020 Dec 16;51(1):r124d12. URI: https://zheln.com/record/2020/12/12/124/.
Zheln Review Appraisal in 10 Steps:
- ✅ Downloaded from the PubMed Systematic Subset Daily Updates
- ❌ Does Not Meet Shojania & Bero 2001 True Positive Criteria for Systematic Reviews by Neither Title nor Abstract
- 🔄 Full Text or Other Reports Collected by Zheln
- 🔄 Generates Pragmatic Evidence Directly Relevant to Evidence-Based Practice?
- 🔄 Is Duplicate?
- 🔄 Passed or Failed Replication?
- 🔄 Has Critical Conduct Flaws?
- 🔄 Liked or Disliked by Zheln?
- 🔄 Practical Implications Summarized by Zheln
- 🔄 Appraisal Published & Call for Crowdfunding
I have looked at this record and found that it does not meet ‘true positive criteria’ for systematic reviews by Shojania & Bero 2001 that I chose to use in record screening on Zheln.
Namely, it means this record does not mention neither ‘systematic review’ nor ‘meta-analysis’ in its title, nor does it contain a literature search strategy in its abstract.
Therefore, this record is ineligible for a Zheln appraisal.
Please be aware this project is independent research and is supported by crowdfunding only, so kindly consider making a minimal donation as low as $1 either on Patreon, GitHub Sponsors, Open Collective, or via PayPal.
By all means, you are always welcome reaching out to me for whatever reason by email or on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or Telegram. I’m happy to get your feedback!
Let me know what you think of this article on Twitter @drzhelnov!