Record Awaiting Appraisal
Zhelnov P. A critical appraisal of ‘Leal B, Zamora E, Fuentes A, Thomas DB, Dearth RK. Questing by Tick Larvae (Acari: Ixodidae): A Review of the Influences That Affect Off-Host Survival. Ann Entomol Soc Am. 2020 Jun 22;113(6):425-438. doi: 10.1093/aesa/saaa013. PMID: 33244354; PMCID: PMC7677832’. Zheln. 2020 Dec 2;49(1):r88d27. URI: https://zheln.com/record/2020/11/27/88/.
Zheln Review Appraisal in 10 Steps:
- ✅ Downloaded from the PubMed Systematic Subset Daily Updates
- ❌ Does Not Meet Shojania & Bero 2001 True Positive Criteria for Systematic Reviews by Neither Title nor Abstract
- 🔄 Full Text or Other Reports Collected by Zheln
- 🔄 Generates Pragmatic Evidence Directly Relevant to Evidence-Based Practice?
- 🔄 Is Duplicate?
- 🔄 Passed or Failed Replication?
- 🔄 Has Critical Conduct Flaws?
- 🔄 Liked or Disliked by Zheln?
- 🔄 Practical Implications Summarized by Zheln
- 🔄 Appraisal Published & Call for Crowdfunding
Namely, it means this record does not mention neither ‘systematic review’ nor ‘meta-analysis’ in its title, nor does it contain a literature search strategy in its abstract.
Therefore, this record is ineligible for a Zheln appraisal.
Please be aware this project is independent research and is supported by crowdfunding only, so kindly consider making a minimal donation as low as $1 either on Patreon, GitHub Sponsors, Open Collective, or via PayPal.
Let me know what you think of this article on Twitter @drzhelnov!