Record Awaiting Appraisal
Zhelnov P. A critical appraisal of ‘Gendreau JL, Sheaffer K, Bennett J, Abraham M, Patel NV, Herschman Y, Ruh N, Lindley JG. Timing of Surgical Intervention for Dysphagia in Patients With Diffuse Idiopathic Skeletal Hyperostosis: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Clin Spine Surg. 2020 Nov 24. doi: 10.1097/BSD.0000000000001105. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33239502’. Zheln. 2020 Dec 2;49(1):r250d27. URI: https://zheln.com/record/2020/11/27/250/.
Zheln Review Appraisal in 10 Steps:
- ✅ Downloaded from the PubMed Systematic Subset Daily Updates
- ✅ Meets Shojania & Bero 2001 True Positive Criteria for Systematic Reviews by Title
- 🔄 Full Text or Other Reports Collected by Zheln
- 🔄 Generates Pragmatic Evidence Directly Relevant to Evidence-Based Practice?
- 🔄 Is Duplicate?
- 🔄 Passed or Failed Replication?
- 🔄 Has Critical Conduct Flaws?
- 🔄 Liked or Disliked by Zheln?
- 🔄 Practical Implications Summarized by Zheln
- 🔄 Appraisal Published & Call for Crowdfunding
I have already looked at this record and made a decision not to advance further for the time being as I did not find this topic exceptionally appealing.
Please accept my apologies. However, please also keep in mind this project is independent research and is supported by crowdfunding only. Anyway, I could not possibly appraise hundreds of reviews coming up daily on PubMed.
If you really need me to appraise this review ASAP, please consider buying a $1 to $600 Zheln subscription on Patreon, GitHub Sponsors, or Open Collective. Afterwards, you’ll be able to immediately PM me with the review request. Otherwise, you might as well send me a donation via PayPal with this reference in the message, and I’ll happily appraise it for you.
Sure thing, the decision to support Zheln is entirely yours to make. You can always reach out to me directly by email or on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or Telegram, and I’ll do my best to help you regardless of your donations.
Thank you for being on the project! That really matters.
Let me know what you think of this article on Twitter @drzhelnov!